Sonic Generations Game 3DS
$28.14 In stock Ask us a question about this product
Prices in USD are approximate. You will pay 29.99 AUD.
Price Drop Notification
Sonic Generations Game 3DS Product Description
Sonic Generations is the highly anticipated video game title to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog's 20th Anniversary. Delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans old and new, Sonic Generations Sonic the Hedgehog playable as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become in this exciting new fast paced adventure.
Set across three defining eras from 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog video game history, the instantly recognisable environments of Sonic Generations have been re-built in stunning HD and are now playable in both classic side scrolling 2D from 1991, as well as modern 3D style found in Sonic's most recent adventures. Each incarnation of Sonic in Sonic Generations comes complete with his trademark special move, Spin Dash and Spin Attack for Classic Sonic, and Homing Attack and Sonic Boost for Modern Sonic. An innovative new interactive menu system allows for complete immersion in Sonic's universe with favourite characters and hidden treasures gradually being revealed throughout the game.
Sonic's universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power creates 'time holes' which pull him and his friends back through time. As a result he encounters some surprises from his past history including Classic Sonic, Sonic as he appeared in 1991. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed.
- Twice the fun: Play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic in the ultimate Sonic experience. Master the moves of each character as they race through each environment on their own specially designed track
- The best bits just got better: Iconic environments from gaming history come to life for the ultimate Sonic adventure, each revisited, recreated and re-imagined with stunning results
- All new experience: Play some of your gaming's most iconic environments in a whole new way with famous Sonic stages presented in stunning new stereoscopic 3D
- Unlock new adventures: Once you complete each level and 'free' Sonic's captured friends, you'll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side
- Infamous bosses and rivals: Take on some of the most notorious characters from Sonic's past as you fight for ultimate supremacy
- Master your moves: Master Classic Sonics famous spin-dash attack and utilise Modern Sonic 's 'Sonic Boost' as you complete the all new tracks
- All new content: With new and exclusive environments for the Nintendo 3DS, including an unlockable 'special stage'. Each environment includes two tracks - one for Classic Sonic and one for Modern Sonic - designed to showcase each Sonics' unique features
- 2 player Versus Mode: Take on your friends and earn valuable status points
- Streetpass: Collect and complete over 100 missions to unlock bonus material, increasing variety, interaction and replayability
Reviews of Sonic Generations Game 3DS
Although some of the level choices themselves are arguably better than on Console, they're ruined by the aforementioned terrible level design, with only the first 3 Classic Sonic stages being any good (being that they are exact replicas of Green Hill Zone, Casino Night Zone and Mushroom Hill Zone respectively).
For diehard Sonic fans i'd recommend they take a look, but for anyone else - you're better off just playing a console version of Sonic Generations which overall is by far superior in almost every way.
However, if you love the blue blur, than this 3DS title is a great debut for the hedgehog. Unlike the PS3/X360 counterparts, both 'classic' and 'modern' Sonic are played on a 2D plane. The former is a slower, more methodical affair (like the old games), whilst the latter is a blisteringly fast rollercoaster akin to the Sonic Rush titles on DS.
A great little game, only let down by the traditional Sonic bugbears (pit traps, some poor level design, etc).
|Contains 3D Images||Yes|
|Software Language||English / French / Italian / German / Spanish|
|Local Play||Versus Mode 2 Players|
|Internet||Versus Mode 1-2 Players|
|Street Pass||Missions, Collections|
Why buy from ozgameshop.com?
We've been trading online for several years.
All orders are insured and delivered to your address with the best of care.
We're working with the best and most secure payment gateways.
Get rewarded with Player Points! Saving you even more money!