Please Note: 3DS titles are not compatible with standard Nintendo DS consoles
THE FUTURE LIES BEYOND ACCEPTING ONESELF… Luke fon Fabre, sole heir to a family of aristocrats, was kidnapped seven years ago, and the shock left him with no memories of his life before. For his own protection since his return, he has been confined to a quiet, boring life within the family's residence, learning little of the world beyond the palace walls. Luke is suddenly thrust into the outside world, caught in the workings of the Order of Lorelei, keepers of the prophecy known as the Score. No longer in the shelter of the palace, Luke must get along in the confusing and often hostile world. He knows nothing about those who might be his friends, or those who already are his enemies. Alone, naive, and spoiled, Luke must learn of friendship and sacrifice, of duty and choice, of what is written and what will be. The world collapsing around him, Luke's actions could save the world or destroy it.
Experience Tales in a way only possible with the Nintendo 3DS – Battle in a whole new dimension! Fight against your enemies, unleash devastating Mystic Artes, and explore the expansive World Map in 3D.
Captivating story and depth that is the hallmark of the Tales series – Explore the story through more than 40 hours of riveting gameplay and fully voiced anime cutscenes.
Stunning Visuals – Lush, colorful graphics bring attention to the detailed anime art style of artist Kosuke Fujishima. Sprawling landscapes and beautiful towns populate the world of Auldrant and bring it to life!
Dynamic Real Time Battles – Command the "Flex Range - Linear Motion Battle System" for unparalleled tactical control over characters' movements and attacks. Hone characters' skills using the "Field of Fonons" and evolve their fighting techniques to more powerful forms
by Darren on August 31st 2016
I've played Tales of (Eternia, Symphonia, Zestiria, and currently the Abyss). I hate to say it, but this game is better than Zestiria and Symphonia (and cheaper too). Let's get to the pros and cons.
1. Great music - battle and world music changes after character development
2. Battles - real-time button mashing, combination of different skills, free movement within the battlefield
3. Characters - Oh my God... They all have different personalities and they feel real. Their development is great as well.
4. World - It changes. Landscape-wise.
5. Plot - I like it. Can't say anything without spoiling.
1. Voice-acting - Sometimes it's fitting and sometimes... it's awkward and painful to hear.
2. Dialogue - Majority of the time, you'll be hearing things like "Let's go." A minor thing really.
3. Battles - Some of them are great. Some are ridiculously difficult in a tedious way. Can be confusing at first with the different combinations of skills.
1. Save-points - I feel they need more just for convenience. But apart from that, it gives the sense of urgency to get to wherever it is you need to be.
2. World - it's huge. Looks nice but can be sometimes tedious to walk from point A to B, especially if you're low on health and energy.
Verdict: GET IT.
by Nancy on October 13th 2015
Tales of the Abyss is an action RPG that follows the protagonist who has been locked away in a castle for most of his life. I bought this game recently because of its affordable price and generally good reviews. Overall, I am not disappointed. The battle system is fun and characters are funny. My only issues are with its low quality graphics and being unable to do my own thing because of the restrictive plot.
by Helen on September 2nd 2015
Played this mainly due to everyone's review, I am a light gamer and this game would suit players who are mod experience or above. I was a bit confused and frustrated with certain area of in game aspects, making combo attacks, element type attacks. I would suggest research a bit before diving in this game if you are a light player like me to avoid stuffing up all your stats and ruin your experience with this game.
by Jimmy on March 26th 2015
This game never made it to European countries, so this is a good chance to get into the game! The only problem I have is the lack of quick save in the game, so if you have to get off the bus stop, you have to close and resume later, but otherwise the fun combat and good story makes this a must buy, even better for the price at this website!
by Pey Wei on March 11th 2015
Fantastic game!! This is my first Tales series to play and I instantly fell in love with the characters (Jade being my absolute fav) and storyline. In addition to that, the gameplay was fun, engaging and it didn't feel like a chore when I was grinding my characters' levels. Love the hack and slash battle system, although it took me a while to catch on with the combo skills/powered up skills. I even watched the anime because i was THAT engrossed with the story. Call me biased, but I can't seem to find any fault for the game at all. :)
Leave a Review
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. Please log-in or if you have not yet got an account with us, you can register here.