Please note this is a region 2 DVD and will require a region 2 (Europe) or region Free DVD Player in order to play.
It takes guys as simple as the Dude and Walter to make a story this complicated... and they'd really rather be bowling.
'The Dude', Jeff Lebowski (Jeff Bridges) is unemployed and laid-back. That is until he becomes a victim of mistaken identity, two thugs breaking into his apartment in the errant belief that they are accosting Jeff Lebowski the Pasadena millionaire. In hope of getting a replacement for his soiled carpet, 'the Dude' visits his wealthy namesake and, with buddy, ex 'Nam' vet., Walter Sobchak (John Goodman), he is swept into a labyrinthine comedy/thriller of extortion, embezzlement, sex, dope, German Nihilists, White Russians, mysterious cowboys, Shomer Shabbos, bowling and severed toes...
Envisaged as a hommage to the musicals of Busby Berkley, Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye (adapted from Raymond Chandler's novel) and the ritual of bowling, The Big Lebowski has developed a massive cult-following with it's hilarious dialogue and quirky characters. Apparently the script was written with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman and Sam Elliott in mind... Jeff Bridges even went as far as to say he could have turned out like 'The Dude' had he not been born into the movie business... Sounds good to us!
- Actors Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, David Huddleston, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Tara Reid, Mark Pellegrino, Peter Stormare, Sam Elliott, Flea, David Thewlis, Ben Gazzara, Jon Polito & Aimee Mann
- Director Joel Coen
- Certificate 18 years and over
- Year 1997
- Screen Widescreen 1.85:1 / Fullscreen 4:3
- Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.1)
- Additional Languages French
- Subtitles English ; German
- Duration 1 hour and 52 minutes (approx)