THE VIEW: From what we’ve seen of trailers & news Evolve’s looking pretty deserving of its four E3 awards, but will it deliver on next-gen gameplay? After seeing the hulking monsters that take centre stage, we think it will be a staple game for every PC, PS4 & Xbox One!
In Evolve PC you are in a savage world of man vs nature, are you the hunter or the hunted?
The creators of Left 4 Dead, Turtle Rock Studios, bring you Evolve, the next-generation of multiplayer shooters where four hunters face-off against a single, player-controlled monster.
Stalk your prey, execute your attack and prove you are the apex predator in adrenaline-pumping 4V1 matches.
- 4V1 – Grab three friends and hunt the monster or stalk the humans as the evolving beast. Whichever side you choose, you will have access to powerful weapons and abilities that deliver balanced, competitive gameplay.
- Hunt Together or Die Alone – Choose a hunter that fits your play style. Whether you play as the Trapper, Support, Assault, or Medic, every role is vital and teamwork is key in surviving an encounter with the monster.
- Beast of Prey – As the monster – the lone predator – you are the boss battle. Use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to wreak havoc, kill the humans and prove you are the dominant species.
- Savage Planet - Neither flora nor fauna are friendly on planet Shear. Fall victim to natural hazards or use them strategically against your prey.
- Character Customisation – Level up to unlock new upgrades, skins and perks for your favourite class: hunter or monster. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
HUNT: Hunters are called in to eliminate a single Monster. The Monster flees, kills wildlife, and eats to gain energy and stage up. The Hunters aim to track, trap and kill the monster before it gets too big. The round ends when one team is eliminated, or the Monster evolves to Stage Three and destroys the power relay.
NEST: The Hunters have been called in to destroy Monster eggs that have been discovered in the area. The Alpha Monster must defend the eggs and can even hatch one to gain a Goliath minion to fight at its side. The round ends when one team is eliminated, or all of the eggs and minion are destroyed.
RESCUE: The Hunters are called in for a search and rescue mission. A Monster has attacked the facility and is still in the area, and groups of colonists have fled into the wilderness. Hunters need to locate, revive and lead each group of survivors to a rescue shuttle. The round ends when the majority of survivors have been either rescued or killed.
DEFEND: The transport ship is loaded with civilians and fueling up. A horde of Goliath minions led by a Stage 3 Alpha Monster attempts to destroy the fuel pad, which is protected by two reinforced walls, each powered by a generator. The hunters defend the generators and fuel pad until the ship
Intel CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
AMD CPU: Athlon 64 X2 6400
System RAM: 4GB
NVIDIA Video Card: GeForce GTX 560
ATI Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
Video Memory: 1GB
Hard Drive: 50GB
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Intel CPU: Core i7-920
AMD CPU: A8-3870K
System RAM: 6GB
NVIDIA Video Card: GeForce GTX 670 or GTX 760
ATI Video Card: Radeon R9 280
Video Memory: 2GB
Hard Drive: 50GB