Spore is your own personal universe in a box. In this universe you can create and evolve life, establish tribes, build civilizations and even sculpt entire worlds. In Spore you have a variety of creation tools at your disposal that allow you to customise nearly every aspect of your universe: creatures, vehicles, buildings, and even spaceships. While Spore is a single player game, your creations and other players' creations are automatically shared between your galaxy and theirs, providing a limitless number of worlds to explore and play.
The Spore universe is made up of five phases with different challenges and goals. You may choose to start with the cell phase and nurture one species from its humble aquatic origins to its evolution as a sentient species. Or you may decide to start building tribes or civilizations on multiple planets. What you do with your universe is up to you.
- Sandbox Gameplay - Create our own personal universe where you can evolve life, establish tribes, build civilizations and even sculpt entire worlds.
- Evolutionary Gameplay - Lead your species through stages of evolution from pond-scum to galactic god in Spore's campaign mode.
- World Creators - Easy-to-use editors allow you to make everything from creatures and buildings to vehicles and spaceships.
- Shared Content - Spore automatically shares your creations with other players through the Internet. And in your game, you'll explore and interact with a galaxy of content created by other players.
FOR WINDOWS XP
• 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent• 512 MB RAM• A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0• At least 6 GB of hard drive space
FOR WINDOWS VISTA
• 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent• 768 MB RAM• A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0• At least 6 GB of hard drive spaceWhen launching the game, some Microsoft Vista users may receive a warning about running out of address space along with a link to the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If you see this message, it is recommended that you follow the instructions and go to the website listed in the message to update your system.
For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:
• Intel Integrated Chipset, 945GM or above.• 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.• 768 MB RAMSupported Video Cards
ATI Radeon(TM) series• 9500, 9600, 9800• X300, X600, X700, X800, X850• X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950• 2400, 2600, 2900,• 3650, 3850NVIDIA GeForce series• FX 5900, FX 5950• 6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,• 7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950• 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800Intel(R) Extreme Graphics• GMA 950, GMA X3000, GMA X3100
Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PcI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Intel integrated chipsets featuring underclocked parts, such as the 945GU, GML, and GMS, will not perform adequately.Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.