The king of swing is back and he's hungry for adventure (and bananas)! A new 2D platformer in the mould of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have to battle the evil Tikis in order to restore peace to DK Island.
Donkey Kong plays a bit rougher than Mario though, so as well as jumping on bad guys' heads you'll also be able to use his signature ground pound to disorientate your enemies. All the other classic elements of the original games are back too, including mine cart levels and vine swinging.
The game's no pushover, so it's a good job you can call on Diddy to help you. If you're playing on your own you get to use his jetpack to help you, but if you've a friend to hand they can take control and then ride on Donkey Kong's back if they get to a tricky bit.
- Gorilla Games: The classic Donkey Kong Country series returns with all-new 2D action and all the platform action and cartoon fun you'd expect of Mario's oldest ally.
- Uncle and Nephew: Find a special barrel and you can bring Diddy Kong into the story and use his jetpack to reach the places Donkey Kong cannot go.
- Buried Treasure: Help feed DK's hunger for stolen bananas, as well as mountains of secret extras, including whole new levels and hidden KONG letters.
- Co-op Kapers: Play on your own or let a friend take control of Diddy Kong when he's around. Both can play at once or Diddy can take a time out if things get tough.
- Monkey Magic: Two separate control systems for veterans and beginners - play the whole game with just a single remote or add in the nuchuck for extra control.